Archer A7 wan port only 10mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 23:55:57
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

The title pretty much says it all. I've only had this router a little over a month but it has been on some painfully slow DSL. I upgraded to faster cable internet today and realized that my speed wasn't much faster than the DSL. Upon checking I realized the status LEDs on the back of the modem were saying that whatever it was plugged into it (the A7) was only in 10/100 mode on the ethernet. So I plugged the modem directly into my computer and quickly got 200mbps down instead of the 10 I was getting. I've tried different cables. I've tried factory resetting the router. Anything else to try before I send this one back? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 wan port only 10mbps
2021-02-10 17:55:50

@TheBigBadWolf 

Log into the A7 and go to Advanced > System Parameters > Duplex, see if that was set to 10/100. If it is set to Auto, change it to 1000 Mbps full-duplex. Save the settings, then reboot the router. Once the router reboots and comes back up, reboot now the modem.

When those two are done check the speed test again. If still slow, factory reset the router by holding the reset button for 15 seconds. Leave the router in the default state and test the speed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 1