tplinkwifi.net? How can I stop having this get substitued when accessing my devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tplinkwifi.net? How can I stop having this get substitued when accessing my devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-13 15:48:51
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a couple of the TP-Link units, and frequently when trying to access one using the IP address "tplinkwifi.net" gets substituted for the ip and redirects me to the wrong unit!!!!

How can I disable this?

Options
7 Reply
Re:tplinkwifi.net? How can I stop having this get substitued when accessing my devices?
2021-02-14 22:17:05

@RogerJT 

I'll assume you are using a browser? Seems it is making the change for you, via its cache probably?

Does this happen if you use a different browser?

Options
Re:tplinkwifi.net? How can I stop having this get substitued when accessing my devices?
2021-02-14 22:53:35

@IrvSp I initially use the fixed IP address (ie, 192.168.0.2) to access the router (Archer AX1800), after the first splash page , the site redirects to "http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/login.html?t=1605851320232", which redirects to my other router an Archer C7 (access Point, IP, 192.168.0.3), I go back and try to reload from the same IP address (192.168.0.2) and the second time it works and doesn't redirect me, but puts me on the AX1800 router. I've never used the tplink.net address to access any of my units.

Ill try clearing the cache  (Firefox), and/or alternate browser and see the results. TKS

Options
2021-02-14 23:48:30

@RogerJT 

I'm not TP-Link ID expert, but it IS that T= number that defines the router I suspect?

You must hav used that ID to access both routers are one time I'd think?

FireFox will save that UID and PW for you too, you can check it out under TOOLS, OPTION, PRIVACY AND SECURITY, LOGINS.

I think you need to REMOVE the TPLINKWIFI.NET entry and do NOT allow FireFox to save it. Then you shold be OK using the IP Address.

It may also be possible to use 2 different TP-LINK ID's, one for each router, but I am NOT sure you can?

Options
2021-02-15 00:11:23
Thanks for the quick response, I've never used the TP-Link ID's. I do see firefox did save an entry with the TPLink.net address, Ill clear it and see how it goes, thanks again.
Options
2021-02-16 01:00:25

@RogerJT 

So it still does it, I tried on different browsers, and even on a tablet and my cell phone phone browser, doesn't happen every time, but the first time it opens the routers splash screen, using the ip address,  the site redirects to the tplink.net address that bounces me to the other router, if I hit back, it returns to the page it should be on!  And if I log out of the AX1800 it redirects again to the "http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/login.html?t=1605851320232", which brings me back to the C7 logon screen. TP-Links attempt at simplification make some things frustrating. Yes, the t parameter appears to be some kind of ID TP-Link created, as the t number different for both routers, but if I log out of AX1800, t=1009dac9, it redirected to the http://tplinkwifi.net/webpages/login.html?t=1605851320232 ????? go figure!, only does it the first time though! Used Firefox, Brave, Samsung Internet, and Chrome on Android, all do it at least once.

Options
2021-02-16 14:25:26

@RogerJT 

I for sure don't know what is going on?

Wonder if you 'unbind' one or both from the TP-Link ID if it will work differently?

That ID I think is really only required for either External access or via Tether, even if on the LAN?

When I had 2 TP-Link routers, using Tether on my Phone would offer a CHOICE of which one I wanted to access. I assume you are not using the Phone app then? If so, don't think the TP-LINK ID is needed?

Options
2021-03-14 01:39:00

@IrvSp 

Not using Tp-Link ID at all!,  Never used, never will. It appears that depending on what screen you are on, and when the unit applies any of the settings, it redirects to the Tp-Link address on its own, so depending on what was last seen on the routing table of the PC I am using it will redirect to the router, which is usually the one I previously used. Works fine if there are no other TP_Link router on the network, great on simple networks, but unusable for 2 or more on one network. It's TP-Links way of making life easy for newbies, but messes things up for most others.  Recently my AX-20 just stopped routing all LAN Ethernet traffic all together, but 5G wifi worked fine. Rebooted, didn't fix it, so easy solution, unplugged it and tossed it in th heap, looking for a new Linksys now. I may attempt to flash with an alternate firmware what might work better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1912

Replies: 7