AX20 Access Point setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX20 Access Point setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX20 Access Point setup
AX20 Access Point setup
2021-02-13 16:38:43
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201023 rel. 69987

Hardware is v1.20

So it seems that I set up  my AX20 in my lower level of house from initial  setup without a hitch. My main router upstairs at main house level is a Verizon G1100 (WIFI 5). I gave the AX20 the same SSID name as main router. My question is when you move around the house does your wireless device toggle from one router to the AP and back automatically  depending on the strength of the signal? I'm questioning whether I setup  correctly. I have to manually switch from router to router. I thought this was an automatic process..

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX20 Access Point setup
2021-02-17 21:33:46

@K9cousin 

The AX20 does not control what device connects to it nor does your wireless router it will come down to your actual device to decide that. Manufacturers will set the determination based on signal strength or until the current signal is gone, it varies. You may need to look on whatever device you are using to see how it may determine that.

Options
2021-02-18 01:28:10

@Tony 

I do realize that it's the device that determines that not the router/AP. I'm assuming that if I set up the AP correctly any device moving around the house would toggle ( auto-connect) to either WiFi source dependent on signal strength. Right now none of the devices in house do that. We have to manually switch to the ssid that emits the strongest signal. 

Options
2021-02-19 23:03:06

@K9cousin 

If you have a mesh system, and your devices supported mesh, then yes it would do that. Since you have two network devices (Verizon and AX20) neither the Verizon router or AX20 can recommend what to connect to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 728

Replies: 3