WiFi speed cut by 1/3 after first speed test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-15 23:17:01
Model: CES2021 Deco Mesh  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I connect my Deco 60 it turns green .  I run a speed test and I hit 240 MPS normal for my xfinity 5ghz.  I run exact same test immediately after the first and I hit 70 MPS repeatedly.  My 2.4 ghz also runs at 1/3 speed, it should be 60 MPS but only hits 20 MPS.

if I disconnect and reboot the Deco 60 I again hit 240 MPS but on second run I am again immediately back at 80 MPS.

Firmware is all up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi speed cut by 1/3 after first speed test
2021-02-17 23:15:05

@Smithrl1 

Go to the QoS settings to see if there is a download and upload limit set. If so, change that to 1000 up and 1000 down. If you have more than one unit, swap the main unit with another and test the speeds again.

Disable any device priority that you may have set in the Deco app which should be in the QoS menu. 

I would also test on different devices available to see if the drop is seeing on others or on the one you are using.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 1

Related Articles