Unable to configure Archer C58HP as a wireless repeater for my JioFiber connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to configure Archer C58HP as a wireless repeater for my JioFiber connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-16 09:53:27
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have been struggling to configure my Archer C58HP router as a wireless repeater for my JioFiber connection which I recently got installed at my home.

I tried the quick setup option after changing the operation mode. It doesnt work. Then I tried configuring the backhaul SSID, IP range, DHCP, etc. but to no avail. I even approached the TP Link technical support, even they are not able to resolve the issue.

Has anyone ever tried configuring Archer C58HP router as a wireless repeater for a JioFiber connection? Any idea on the configuration changes to be done on the TP Link router and/or on JioFiber router to make it work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to configure Archer C58HP as a wireless repeater for my JioFiber connection
2021-02-17 23:26:39

@Bhairav 

For the main router, try changing the channel to a specific number for example the lowest one for both brands, and also make sure the 2.4G and 5G are named separate on your new router. Now factory reset the Archer and set it up with the different network names. 

To see if it may be related to the password, try removing the wireless password from your router, then set up the Archer to see if that works. If so, change your wireless password on your new router to something else, and set up the Archer again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1