EAP-225 not working after connecting to TP-Link switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-20 19:47:58
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.3.0 Build 20180628

Hello all - 

I own a EAP-225 for my apartment to extend the wireless signal to my bedroom. I've had it for one or two years, and during that time it's been connected directly to my router, working flawlessly. However, I recently purchased a TP-Link TL-SG105 switch, and now it does not work after connecting it like so: router -> SG105 switch -> EAP-225. 
It works fine if I remove the switch and connect it again directly to the router, but I’d like to be able to use the switch. 

When the access point is connected via the switch, the LED lights do not come on, the networks aren't available, and the power supply for the access point makes a high-pitched whine. When I remove the switch from the equation, the access point functions as it should and the high-pitched whine is gone.

Any ideas? Is it possible those 2 products aren't compatible? Many thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP-225 not working after connecting to TP-Link switch
2021-02-23 18:08:25

@alexbohn 

If you connect a computer directly to the switch, does that work?

If you have not done so, swap the Ethernet cables being used, and ports on the switch.

Options
2021-02-23 18:30:43

@Tony 

Hi Tony. Computers and other devices connected to the switch work just fine. I've tried multiple ethernet cables and all the ports on the switch, but the access point does not work when connected to the switch.

Options
2021-02-24 22:01:16

@alexbohn 

What is the model of your router and the hardware version of the EAP225?

To confirm, the TP-Link switch is a TL-SG105 or TL-SG105PE or TL-SG105E?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 3