M4 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 keeps disconnecting
M4 keeps disconnecting
2021-02-21 09:49:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4.4.2 Build 20200727 Rl. 37987

I've got the following set up 2 M4 and one M3W.  I constantly get one of the various units showing red then going back to white on their own with no action. 

Main M4 unit is in the living room.  

Second M4 unit in an office 6.5 meters.

M3W is in bedroom and is about 6 meters.

Overall shape is L

M4

|

|

|

M4---------M3W

All units go randomly red and then back to white at times.  I've seen it where the main node is Red but I'm still getting Wi-Fi data usage as well albeit slower.

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4 keeps disconnecting
2021-02-23 18:39:00

@Nate_Spain 

If one unit is turning red, move it closer to either of the two Deco units as it may be losing a wireless connection which will turn red.

If the entire Deco system is turning red, swap the satellite M4 with the main M4 to see if the current main Deco is causing it.

It might be worth examining the modem when you notice this issue to see if the LED lights change.

Options
Re:M4 keeps disconnecting
2021-03-05 07:57:54

@Tony  

I'm going to try swapping the nodes.   If it's a distance challenge it becomes an issue.  I've then got the 2 M4 nodes essentially on top of each other.  In a 100 sqm house I've have them at one end of the house within 2.5 - 3 M.  I'd need a node in every room of a relatively small flat.

I almost always check the modem when they go red.  Nothing unusual there.  What still makes no sense is what happened last night again.  The main node goes red, I'm still getting internet in the main room but the bandwidth drops, secondary node is still white and running fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 2

Related Articles