AX1800 intermittent outages (10-seconds)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-23 15:50:44
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201023 rel.69937(5553)

My AX1800 has had a problem over the past few weeks of intermittent outages. Recently the problem has grown out of control, with 8 to 10 second outages every few minutes. I started tracking the outages on outages.io and these microbursts of internet failure are common and are "on my local network," i.e., don't seem to be coming from the ISP side.

It's not just the wireless either. The desktop is plugged into the hard line Ethernet cable directly and has similar outage problems.

Obviously this is a big problem for any kind of remote work.

Any suggestions on what to do? Should I factory reset the router? Are there settings I should change or utilities I should run within the TPLink system? I've already tried all the usual (power cycle, etc.) to no avail.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1800 intermittent outages (10-seconds)
2021-02-24 17:19:33

@Cubs1908 

You experiencing issues with wireless and wired would lead to your ISP, at least to check first.

If you have a cable modem log into it and look at the system logs, if you see critical 3 or 4 errors then your signal is bad and the ISP needs to fix those, as that leads to random internet drops.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 1

Related Articles