Optimal setup for Archer router + Deco Mesh Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 15:23:58
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an archer ax11000 as the main router in my basement. All the basement devices are hardwired to it. Really the only use of the basement wifi is for phones whenever we're down there. I also have 2 Deco x60 units, one placed in my family room that's hardwired to my basement router and the other in an upstairs bedroom. They are both in the default router mode so it creates a new wifi signal. I was wondering though, if it's possible to just have one wifi signal throughout the house so I don't have to switch around. I frequent from the basement and back usptairs and vice versa and my phone never switches wifi automatically. However, if it is possible, is it possible without clogging up channels / wasting bandwidth, etc. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Optimal setup for Archer router + Deco Mesh Wifi
2021-02-24 19:18:20

@Kamui_Amaterasu 

You can have the Deco network named the same as your router, but you will still have the issue of the phone sometimes not moving over to the AX11000 or Deco and vice versa. 

If I had your setup, I would name the AX11000 different from the Deco, and use a widget on my smartphone to quickly swap Wi-Fi networks should I go to the basement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 1