Share a printer between two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 22:12:41
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17.1

Hello there, guys!

I have an Archer C9 v1 and an Archer C3150, and I am trying to share an impression between the two.

The printer is connected by USB to the C9, which acts as an access point (192.168.0.2) and doesn't have the DHCP on; this router is connected by cable to my C3150, my main router and modem (192.168.0.1). 

The printer is visible and works on the USB Printer Controler when connected to the C9 (even the C3150 is visible). But when I change my connection to the C3150 - I can access the C9 and other devices connected to the C9 normally - but the USB Printer Controler doesn't detect my printer or even the C9 router.

Does someone have any idea of how I can fix that without changing my printer to the other router? 🤔🤔

Options
1 Reply
Re:Share a printer between two routers
2021-03-01 23:08:32

@ZizoMass 

I don't see anything eluding to tapping into another router that has the USB-connected printer. Does the printer have an Ethernet cable that you can connect to the router instead?

Options