Creating a home network with 2 routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 20:57:28
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0

I have eight devices and two routers on my home network. Five devices are wireless connected to a TP-Link Archer A10 and four are WIRED to an Verizon Actiontec cable modem/router (the TP-Link is also wired directly to the cable modem).  The five wireless devices are three Win10 laptops and two Roku devices. The three wired are a Win 10 desktop and two printers. The wireless IPs are all in the 198.168.0.X range and the wired in the 192.168.1.X range, and they use different DHCP servers.

My issue is that the two subnets do not co-exist well. I can access the wired printers from the wireless network just fine, but I have been unable to access the other systems themselves to get at the shared volumes. The systems do not show up in the Network, even though Network Discovery is enabled. What I am try to figure out how to do is put BOTH routers on the same subnet, as I believe that will fix the problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Options
2 Reply
Re:Creating a home network with 2 routers
2021-03-02 16:43:33

@jack63ss 

The easiest method would be to set the A10 as an access point (Advanced > Operation Mode > Access Point). That will disable the DHCP server and other features, and everything connected to the A10 will now be on the same subnet of your main router. Here is an article that will show the difference between router mode and AP mode: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2420/

Options
Re:Creating a home network with 2 routers
2021-03-02 17:00:30

Yup. Figured that out about 5 minutes after I sent the question and it worked right out of the box. Sorry ....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 2