TL-SG1016PE Managed Switch - POE does not work anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-28 06:13:48
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20170530 Rel.39357

Hi all,

I am on my last nerve: I just finished installing an Edgerouter X and it completely shut down my TL-SG1016PE, so I had to factory reset it and then install the smart utility configuration to fix it - which was ridiculous, I literally couldn't use the 192.168.0.1 to access it. Anyway..

When I finally had everything fixed my PoE no longer gives power to my two access points, when they were before, so I don't want to hear that they are the wrong standard or any of that (which is what every other TP link "Help" or FAQ has implied or stated.

How do I either force it to initiate the handshake or manually supply power?

I log on and go: PoE > PoE CONFIG > Port 1 and 2 > PoE Status = Enabled > PoE Prioirity = High > Power Limit = Auto > Power Status = OFF (I have no control over power status).

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE Managed Switch - POE does not work anymore
2021-02-28 20:28:42

I just waitee over an hour on hold to be told they can't help.

I'll never buy tp-link again.

Options
Re:TL-SG1016PE Managed Switch - POE does not work anymore
2021-03-11 17:58:36

@Terrible_POE 

If the devices worked before then compatibility wouldn't be an issue nor the devices. The only other thing would be to either try a different POE device or if those POE devices were moved to prove the devices still work, and also swap the Ethernet cables with another. 

As far as configuration, you could try setting the power class depending on the requirement of the POE device.

Class 1 = 4w

Class 2 = 7w

Class 3 = 15.4w (802.3af)

Class 4 = 30w (802.3at)

If those don't give any result then the switch may possibly be bad.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1899

Replies: 2