Archer AX6000 & EAP-110 Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 18:22:19
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I have a Archer AX6000, latest firmware and also a EAP110-Outdoors that I would like to use if possible to extend the network via PoE.  I have the cable run and the EAP110 working but is there a way to have the EAP110 adopt the same wifi network as the AX6000 or must it be separate?  Will it work at all?

I also have a software omada controller running in a docker container that I could use, but it seems that it won't talk to the AX6000, likely because of subnet issues.  Seems to be a common issue people are having with this current version?

Any suggestions on how to get it all running.  If one of the OneMesh systems could be powered by PoE I would go with that option, but I don't have power where I want the antenna and PoE is the best option.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 & EAP-110 Outdoor
2021-03-05 17:30:34

@Steve696 

The EAP is only an access point so it will need the AX6000 to provide network connectivity. They are each their own device meaning you will have to manage them independently, but you can make both their wireless network names the same, and the password as well.

The Archer has OneMesh, but it does not work alongside the EAP mesh. The EAP110-Outdoor doesn't appear to have mesh capabilities, but say if it was an EAP225-Outdoor, it would not work together, in that they will operate as their own mesh network. As a side note, to get EAPs to behave in mesh you would need more than one unit.

In your case, you would log into each unit, by browser or using their respective app/software and make the changes to the network settings.

What will end up happening is it will be up to the device itself to determine what to connect to as you roam, the networking devices will not recommend what node to connect to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 1