Questions about TP-Link Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 19:24:48 - last edited 2021-03-05 19:56:43
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: none

Hi everyone.

I'm currently using 3 Google WiFi pucks at home using backhaul Ethernet but have become somewhat dissatisfied.

Due to my home setup I have no option but o to use my ISP's router as router, and that means I can't get the most of the Google WiFis. And besides that, I can't enable / disable the 2.4 or 5 GHz radios independently, which is a must when trying to setup certain home automation thingies.

So, I've been thinking about switching to TP-Link. We have several EAP-225 at work that are reliable, fast and easy to setup. I was thinking about maybe getting three of those but then I found the Deco M9s. So, here are my questions:

• They can be set up as APs, they don't need to manage the network, right? In that case, is there any functionality I'd lose?

• Can you enable and disable the 5 GHz radio while the 2.4 GHz is still active?

• How I can Play Gta 5 Online On Tp Link Wifi? How Much Speed Tp Link Gta 5 Online?

• I have several Hue lights at home. The problem is that the Hue bridge's signal doesn't cover my whole home and my wife turns off the lights the old fashioned way and sometimes the bulbs are off and can't act as repeaters. Would the M9s configured as APs act a s a bridge repeater?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Questions about TP-Link Deco M9
2021-03-08 21:30:01

@Mastergta 

1. You can set the Deco nodes as AP Mode rather than Router Mode. Here is an article that talks about the differences: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/kb/detail/452

2. Yes, you can do that for the main network, and the guest network.

3. You can certainly do any sort of online activity you would like while connected to the Deco. If anything you may need to do port forwarding for the game if you are looking for a open NAT configuration.

4. The M9s in AP mode (one node must be wired to the router still) will still provide a mesh network. So if you connect to any of the Deco M9 nodes it would be comparable to connecting to a single wireless network.

If the Deco is connected to another Deco via Wi-Fi it will use a dedicated wireless 5G backhaul, and won't operate like a typical range extender. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 1

Related Articles