Computer no longer recognizing TP-Link Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 13:08:43
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had a windows reset done on my computer when it crashed recently. Since then the computer is no longer recognizing the TP-Link Range Extender.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Computer no longer recognizing TP-Link Range Extender
2021-03-12 19:14:24

@Yelrish 

Hi. By "recognizing", do you mean the computer will no longer detect the extender's SSID (WiFi name) in the WiFi network list? Or do you mean that the computer will not automatically connect to the extender? 

If the latter, please note that during a reinstallation or factory reset of Windows, your system's "remembered" WiFI network list will be cleared, so it will no longer automatically connect to the networks it was previously configured to. As a result, you will need to open the WiFi network list and select the network(s) you want to connect to. After doing this once, Windows should remember, and automatically connect to the selected network(s) as long as the "Connect Automatically" box is checked. 

If you still have any concerns, please provide us with the following information so we'll have a better idea of your issue:

1. What is the model of your TP-Link WiFi Range Extender?

2. Are your other WiFi devices (i.e. smartphone, TV) still able to "recognize" the extender?

3. What is the current status of the indicator LEDs on the range extender?

These initial details will help us better understand the situation and provide recommendations.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 1