QoS activities defined

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

QoS activities defined

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
QoS activities defined
QoS activities defined
2021-03-13 20:26:48

I would like to improve performance by setting QoS priorities but do not know the meaning of the "online activities" , i.e.

- Standard

- Gaming

- Streaming

- Surfing

- Chatting

For example, what activity encompasses

email?

downloading?

file saving and retrieval?

backup activity

Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.?

music (e.g. Pandora...)?

etc., etc. Is there perhaps a list which reveals these details. That would be a great help in tuning performance of the Deco M9, which is often slower than my old router.

Many thanks for any tips

Options
2 Reply
Re:QoS activities defined
2021-03-15 22:53:05

@sailho 

The QoS is powered by TrendMicro: https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

You can go to that site, enter the service or service URL to see what it is categorized as.

Options
Re:QoS activities defined
2021-03-16 19:17:30

@sailho 

Thanks for the response. it is a step in the right direction, but doesn't quite answer my questions. For instance, if I enter the URL for Outlook email, TrendM responds that it's email, but doesn't disclose if Deco classes that as "Standard" or "Chatting" or even "Gaming"... And file transfers between devices in the same network are not defined at all by URL, so are they "Standard" or "Surfing" or Streaming" ???

Hope you can help to clarify

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 2

Related Articles