deco x60 security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco x60 security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deco x60 security
deco x60 security
2021-03-15 19:28:06
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247

I recently set up the X60 throughout our home.  I quickly realized that it isn't requiring the passcode for devices to join.  What settings am I missing to make this happen.  I need the to be as secure as possible.

Options
5 Reply
Re:deco x60 security
2021-03-16 20:57:51

@ducktech 

Open the Deco app, go to More > Wi-Fi. If security is currently set to none, change that to WPA2-PSK [AES], you will be able to set a password as well.

Options
2021-03-18 03:10:02

@Tony 

That's the problem, I've set the password from the very beginning.  Also tried changing the encryption type as well. The last thing I've tried is turning on the guest network. Not quite sure, but that may have forced the password to be required to get on main network. Still not sure that's the correct way to do it. 

Options
2021-03-23 22:16:46

@ducktech 

That should not have been needed, but odd how that forced it. By default WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) should have been selected for the main network.

Options
2021-03-24 00:11:03

@Tony 

Unfortunately, it still isn't right. My father-in-law's watch joined network without need of password. Kinda don't know what to do about it. 

Options
2021-04-07 22:20:17

@ducktech 

If a device has joined another network with the exact same credentials then it will connect to another network even if it is physically different. It sees the same name and will provide the same password.

Go into your Deco app, and go to the wireless settings, and change the network name and password to something completely different that is unique from past network names, as well as the password.

If you then look on your smartphone, see the available wireless networks, you will see a lock indicating a password must be used in order to connect.

If you still have connections I would recommend reaching out to our support to go over your network as there may be an existing network aside from the Deco that is connecting or something else that is on the network we may not be seeing: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 5

Related Articles