Profile browsing history

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Profile browsing history

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Profile browsing history
Profile browsing history
2021-03-17 21:42:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 59387

I'm trying to understand how a profiles browsing history is retained and how it operates.  Is it by the number of entries or by a time frame or some other mechanism?

I have multiple profiles set up and when looking at Insights at any of them, there doesn't appear to be any consistency on what is available.  One profile may show entries going back 20 hours and then another only shows entries going back 2 hours, even though the time online for that profile is well over 2 hours. I can say I have never seen entries past 24 hours.  Also, if you look at any other days, you are shown the same history, no matter if you are looking at today or 6 days ago.

If 6 days of Insights are available, I should be able to see history records going back 6 days.  If this isn't available, please forward this request to the software developers.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Profile browsing history
2021-03-23 15:58:48

@ramathiam 

The Deco insight > history page has a set amount of instances it can hold. If the number of web pages browsed by the controlled device reaches this limit, the latest browsing history will overwrite the oldest browsing history. So if the controlled device visits a lot of web pages, then the history page will only record the latest browsing history within a period of time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4013

Replies: 1