Roku remotes continuously lose connection to AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 11:12:38
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

I upgraded from an Archer C9 to an AX50 at the end of last year. With the new router I started noticing a few issues with roku remotes losing connection as you're trying to navigate through the screens. They will stop working and after about 10 seconds the battery indicator will show up letting you know the remote is connected again. I can use it for another 10 seconds before it does it again. I had no issues with this on the C9 and recently I hooked it back up to test and the remotes worked without issue. 

Is there a setting I can change on the AX50 to help with this? I've been holding out hope got a firmware update but those appear to be few and far between. 

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Roku remotes continuously lose connection to AX50
2021-03-19 21:01:33

@BrewCrew 

Make sure you are not running smart connect or have the 2.4G and 5G named the same on the router, but differently. You can then try connecting to the 5G network.  Other settings to potentially try is to log into the AX50 router and to modify the channel width and channel to see if the remote maintains the connection to the wireless network located in Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings. The Roku may not like the AX mode that the router is running so you could also try changing to mode to exclude AX in the same menu.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 1