Main Deco M4 won't connect to modem, stays on red or flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-19 18:21:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My mom replaced her light fixture in her office and none of the power outlets in the office work now. As a result, she had to plug the modem and Deco M4 main unit into a power bar, which is also plugged into an extension cord. Now the Deco M4 main unit is flashing red and cannot connect to the modem. The modem itself is fine. She said she plugged her laptop into the modem and she was able to use the internet. 

What can we do to get the M4 to work again before the power is restored in her office?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Main Deco M4 won't connect to modem, stays on red or flashing red
2021-03-23 06:53:31

@changehistory I have a similar issue after losing power. The modem finds synch - but the Deco fails to connect. I find that changing the Ethernet port that the cable plugs into allows it to reconnect. It could be different as my modem is in Bridge mode - I assume yours isn't as you were able to plug the computer directly in.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 1