Website connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Website connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Website connection
Website connection
2021-03-20 21:05:31 - last edited 2021-03-21 01:46:25
Model: TL-WDR3500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 151104 Rel.46895n

Cannot log into a particular HTTP:// website.  Get  " Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable " when I attempt to log in..

I can open the website, just cannot log in.

This only happens with my home wireless WIF.  I use Comcast as internet provider with my own modem.

It happens with Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

This is true for both my laptop Windows 10 Pro and my ATT android cellphone (when connected to my WIFi).  (I can connect with my phone over ATT)

When I take the phone or laptop and connect to a public WIFI, no problem.

This only happens with this HTTP://  (it is not a HTTPS:// website).

Is there a router setting that is causing this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Website connection
2021-03-24 20:58:48

@NickSteel 

Usually, the error is a result of the website's server giving that error code. If the website existing on your local network, use the local IP address instead of the public URL. If the website exists outside of your network, you can possibly try rebooting the router first. If that does not work, try assigning a different DNS server to the router.

Log into your router and go to Network > WAN, check "use these DNS servers" and put:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Options
Re:Website connection
2021-03-24 21:20:16

@Tony Thanks.  No change, so it must be on their end.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Related Articles