CPE210 Connected and All WiFi Clients lose Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-20 22:51:07
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Just updated

I can't figure this one out.  I have my CPE210 plugged into a client port on my Netgear Nighthawk AC3200.  When the CPE is plugged in all wifi clients lose their wifi connection. If I unplug the CPE, clients reconnect. I can point the CPE away from any and all wifi clients and this happens and even if I have a wifi client a foot from the router, it fails to connect. 

I have the CPE set as a repeater but maybe this isn't what I am after.  Here is my situation.  I live on a large property and I have a camera and gate system several hundred feet from the house without any available AC power as both have battery and solar. I need to try and get a wifi signal down to it.  What mode and how best to accomplish this?

Thanks,

HarleyRider 

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 Connected and All WiFi Clients lose Connection
2021-03-22 15:58:45

I think I need to be in AP mode and set a different access point name. I found TP Links explanation of modes on the website. For a network newb, it was helpful. 

Options
2021-03-24 21:02:10

@HarleyRaider903 

Here is an article about connecting two points: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1226/

In this case, you would set up the CPE as an Access Point. The next potential issue may be that your cameras would not be able to reach the CPE in return.

Options
2021-03-24 23:29:48

@Tony thanks, I got it up and running the other day based on the article I found. I just created it as an access point, enabled security and then set up my cameras to connect to that network.

Working like a champ. Signal was high -70 to low 80s.  Running in the -50s at the furthest point which is awesome for my needs. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 3

Related Articles