WDS become disabled after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-24 19:39:24
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869(4555)

I have my Archer C9 router set up in WDS Bridging mode in order to provide wired internet to my workstation. Thats is, my Archer C9 connects to the wifi of my main router and my workstation is connected through the ethernet port on the C9. This setup works well, except for that the WDS function stops working quite frequenctly without any apparent reason.

It then even says "WDS status: Disabled" in the wireless status, athough WDS is indeed enabled in the settings. The only solution I've found is to reboot the router, in which case WDS become enabled again, until next time the same happens. This typically happens a few times every day, and seems mostly to occur after some time of inactivity (i.e. when not using the internet on my workstation for a few hours).

Anyone that has any idea how to resolve this problem? I have tried to experiement with various settings, with no success.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS become disabled after some time
2021-03-25 21:19:40

@odd 

You can try extending the opposite band so if you have the WDS set up on the 2.4G try setting on the 5G and vice versa. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 1