Switch at very end of Deco S4 unit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 02:36:54

Trying to decide what would be the best way to send wireless signal outside from one building to another parallel outbuilding through windows facing each other.

Spacing is around 20-25 feet apart and I need to hard wire 3 PC's together on a switch (to share information) in the outbuilding and possibly wireless with another PC in the main building where the modem and router are located.

I was looking at the Deco S4 (3 unit home mesh Wifi) system and thought I could put the second unit in the main building window and the third unit in the other building window to relay the signal but will I be able to attach a small switch to the very end of the third unit (in the outbuilding) and be able to obtain decent speeds and connectivity with all 3 or 4 PC's? 

Other posts only show a switch in between the chain units and don't give any indication of being able to share information via the switch or internet connection speeds. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch at very end of Deco S4 unit?
2021-03-25 21:23:02

@GeezerGeek 

You could attach a switch to the furthest satellite Deco node to get a wired network connection. How good of a speed you get will ultimately depend on your environment and if the third node can reach the second node. However, as far as having a switch on the third node, and computers wired to it should work. 

I would recommend testing with everything in the same room first before moving things into place.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1