Offline devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Offline devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Offline devices
Offline devices
2021-03-26 01:18:13
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 202001013 Rel. 64247

I am literally about to pull my hair out over this. Not sure what technical details you need but here is my issue. I recently upgraded my M5 mesh to X60 following an upgrade to.my internet speed (1Gig). I now use my x60s as a backhaul and have 3 of the M5s as satellites for the corners of my house where signal is weak.

Here is the issue. I have A LOT of IoT devices (bulbs, plugs, locks, displays, speaker, security sensors cameras, etc). These devices are idle a lot unless an event triggers them (e.g. I tell Google home to turn on a light or open a door). What I've noticed is idle devices will report as offline.

Once they report as offline I cannot wake them. This is particularly frustrating with my August lock (Front door) where I have to go to where the lock is so that it activates the bluetooth option, unlock then lock the door, and finally it will show as available. This lasts until the device is idle again. Once it goes idle, it drops off the network and I cannot poll it for status until I do the above. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Offline devices
2021-03-31 18:18:30

@VinDaGOAT 

Try swapping the main Deco X60 with one of the Deco M5s to see if you are still seeing the issue.

Try and reserve an IP for some of the iot devices and see if those remain online: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1795/

If your Deco is running the wireless security WPA2-PSK AES, change it to WPA2-PSK-AES+TKIP. You could find that by going to the wireless menu and selecting the password.

Options