Any way to force a daisy chain?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-29 20:09:34
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 77820

Pretty basic.. I have the following decos set up:

I want to daisy chain and have bedroom be on hallway, but it's apparently not far enough from living room. The bedroom deco is about 70ft away from the living room deco, so I'd figure that'd be plenty to switch over. It does have some noticable drop, since it's kinda far away.

So I just want to connect bedroom to the hallway, is that not possible?

Also, on a side note, I've noticed that while in bed, approximately 10ft away from the bedroom deco with a direct line of sight, deco will sometimes put me on the hallway deco instead, which has a lower signal and higher ping. it's about 2.5x as far away and has walls inbetween. So not sure what that's about.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Any way to force a daisy chain?
2021-05-09 08:29:39

@Cookid 

If i knew this was an issue i would never have bought the M9, but here i am...

It's truly embarrassing that you cannot lock a node to a certain connection, but you can move a node with some ridiculous trick.

This is my connection graph before, which had very bad connection in the office, since it's much further away than the "kitchen" node

I then put a metal saucepan on the "living_room" node, and restarted the "office" node.

After the "office" node is back it connects to the "kitchen" node, and i could remove the saucepan.

It might jump back eventually, but in my experience i "only" have to redo this high-tech trick about every second week.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1675

Replies: 1

Related Articles