Archer 7 - issues with Guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-30 01:38:45
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.39623(5553)

My router is Archer A7, and recently upgraded to 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.39623(5553) in hope of fixing the issue, but the issues remain.
I configure my Archer A7 as Access Point. I have reset the router to factory default.
1. "Guest" network can access the Main Network, and vice versa 
"Allow guests to see each other" is not check
"Guest" network can also access the Sharing Data on USB.
2. When accessing the Web GUI from other computers in the house, I often get this: 

and when I try to type in new password, then I get this "Invalid RSA public key"
and Yes, this can access from "Guest" network.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer 7 - issues with Guest network
2021-04-05 21:59:11

@HomeUser41 

This stems from using the A7 as an access point. It is not able to segregate the guest network from the main network since it is not able to control any sort of routing. In order for this to function correctly the router would need to be set in router mode. In this setting, the guest network will work and be segregated from the main network.

The invalid RSA public key is usually related to the browser being used. Try another web browser and or computer, you can also try to delete browsing history and cache data to see if that resolves it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 1

Related Articles