Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental controls
Parental controls
2021-04-05 23:05:16 - last edited 2021-04-05 23:06:35
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I was setting  parental controls on my phone to try it out. It was successful. But it was unsuccessful on my stepsons phone. So I'm able to block certain sites whether I'm connected to wifi or not on my phone, but on my son's phone if his device is connected to wifi, parental controls partially work. Any suggestions!

Also this is a new router setup. I did all this through the app.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental controls
2021-04-07 17:49:17

@AR1982 

In addition to setting up parental controls in the router, you can also change the router WAN DNS servers (Log into router using web browser > Advanced > Network > Internet, click Advance) to filter adult content like OpenDNS. 

If the phone uses a VPN connection that will bypass any filtering done by the router.

Options
2021-04-07 22:54:30

@Tony thank you for your reply. I will try out what you said. I don't think his phone uses any vpn. But if he were would that be an app he used or in the phones settings?

Options
2021-04-07 23:08:35
When I follow your directions it gives me two options. Get Dns dynamically from isp and use the following dns addresses, with a set of dns addresses. Am I going to choose use following dns addresses?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 3

Related Articles