Deco M5 - VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 - VPN
Deco M5 - VPN
2021-04-08 18:42:21

Hi Newbie here... 

I am wondering how I would use a VPN on the M5? If it can be done can anyone recommend a VPN? 

I have it attached to a Virgin Hub 3 (my providers hub for anyone outside of the UK)

Many Thanks in advance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - VPN
2021-04-14 18:22:24

@orlaboutorla 

The Deco is not able to utilize a VPN service for you or access the VPN for all connected devices so you will need to use VPN software on every client device. The Deco has a VPN passthrough so the router will not block any VPN traffic.

Options
Re:Deco M5 - VPN
2021-04-14 18:40:28

@Tony 

Apologies for being a noob Tony, but what does this mean? "you will need to use VPN software on every client device".

It might be better to explain what I need. 

Currently I am based in the UK but my business is a US buisness and pre pandemic I split my time between the both. So I have US TV accounts like Youtube TV etc that I use in the states and I have a small VPN Locked router in order to do this here in the UK. Its functional but limited in performance around the house etc. 

I was wondering if I signed up for a different VPN service lets say Nord without being tied to to an actual VPN router it might work with the deco. 

Thats about as good as my tech knowlegde goes...

Any thoughts? 

Tony wrote

@orlaboutorla 

The Deco is not able to utilize a VPN service for you or access the VPN for all connected devices so you will need to use VPN software on every client device. The Deco has a VPN passthrough so the router will not block any VPN traffic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 866

Replies: 2

Related Articles