WD My Cloud and Deco E3 Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 17:30:24
Model: Deco E3  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I wondered if anyone could help.

I have just configured my Deco E3 kit - all working fine, except for my WD My Cloud NAS Box

I have plugged it in to port 2 of the main Deco unit, and it connects fine. It is not listing in the IP assignment list in the Deco app, so I am struggling to try and find it.

There is a link light, and I have tested the cable. I have plugged my laptop into port 2 on the deco and it also works fine.

Not sure what to do to be able to get it connected? I have rebooted everything countless times, checked each MAC address etc, it doesn't seem to connect?

Options
3 Reply
Re:WD My Cloud and Deco E3 Not Working
2021-04-12 20:12:38

@ChrisC84 Different Deco model, but on mine, once I found the IP address (ran arp -a on my Windows computer to get a list and just tried to connect to each), I accessed the My Cloud from the browser and then it showed up in the app. 

After that, I used the "Address Reservation" so the My Cloud will always have the same IP address.

Options
2021-04-12 20:25:02

@RichT 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I have done exactly that and it is none of them! I can't quite figure out why. I am starting to think there is some other setting on the WD itself, and I suspect I have to somehow directly connect to that to have a look - but god knows how.

Options
2021-04-12 20:50:45

@ChrisC84 On mine, I did restart the WD My Cloud just before looking for the IP, figuring it would need to connect at that point. Might be worth a shot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 681

Replies: 3