Connecting Deco to app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting Deco to app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting Deco to app
Connecting Deco to app
2021-04-14 19:11:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. My ISP already has set up my decos. I have a network and a password. I just want to be able to view and manage my network through the app. When I go to the app it asks me to connect and all that, but I am already connected. 
The light on my deco is solid green. 
In order to add my decos to app, do I need to reset them and then start over like I am creating a new network? And if so, can I use the same username and password so I don't have to re enter them on all my devices? 
Thank you! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco to app
2021-04-19 17:38:55

@Jennseay 

The Deco needs to be initially set up with a TP-Link ID in order to actually get to the internet. If someone connected a Deco to your modem, and it went green right away then it likely was set up with another account already. 

What I would do is reset every Deco node by holding the reset button for 2 seconds. Once the nodes start blinking blue you can then set them up one by one. I would probably just have one powered on (wired to the modem), set it up through the app, then power on the second node, and so on.

If you created a TP-Link ID already, then you would stay logged into the app, and then hit the plus symbol on the top right to start adding the Deco units.

Options