How to set to which Deco a satellite unit connects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 18:07:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a couple of Deco X60 units, and ideally you'd expect satellite units to connect to the nearest unit, where the signal would be the strongest, and not the one on the other side of the house, which results in the weakest signal. Is there a way you can force to which unit another unit connects? And if there's no way to do this easily, would it be possibel to implement this? To me it makes no sense that units connect to the one that is furthest away, resulting in weaker signal instead of going like Main unit -> unit 1 -> unit 2 etc.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to set to which Deco a satellite unit connects
2021-04-20 21:31:26

@MLVC 

Currently, network optimization is the best thing to try to see if you get better performance of the network.

Another option would be to reset the satellite unit and add it back to the Deco app to see if it recognized the other Deco node and connects to that. 

If I remember I think some users placed the second Deco far enough to where it could not see the main node so it connected to the other Deco node.

Options
2021-04-21 05:03:20 - last edited 2021-04-21 05:04:01

@Tony Network optimization doesn't fix it. Not sure what that does anyway, never notice a difference. The other solution sounds way to cumbersome to actually be a valid solution. Is this something that can be added in future?

Options
2021-04-22 18:37:48

Bumping this so to see if at least a feature request can be forwarded. Not satisfied with the reply so far.

Options
2021-04-27 16:20:06

@MLVC 

Yes, we can certainly forward that for consideration as with all feature requests.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 4

Related Articles