2nd Hidden Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2nd Hidden Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2nd Hidden Network
2nd Hidden Network
2021-04-20 20:49:38
Model: Archer AX3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200621 rel.76096(5553)

When checking with a Wi-Fi analytic tool, I noticed that there appears to be an additional hidden network coming from my router on the defined channels.   I was able to confirm it is coming from my router as both contain the core of my router mac address.  The difference is at the start and end, for example instead of starting with 90, it starts with aa, ba, etc.   The end of the defined channel ended with b0, ae, etc. where the hidden ended with a0, b2.   The middle part is common, for example the one I defined is 90:_ _:_ _:_ _:b0 vs hidden of ba:_ _:_ _:_ _:b2….  “:_ _:_ _:_ _:” part is the same and matches to the core of the router mac.

In searching through the forum, it appears this may be tied to the AX3200 having OneMesh.  I am currently just using the router and am not using any Range Extenders, etc.  It appeared there might have been a firmware update to disable OneMesh if you were not using it, but searching through http://tplinkwifi.net/ interface, it doesn’t appear to be present at least for this router.

I wanted to confirm what I am seeing is tied to OneMesh, better understand why it appears when no devices are utilizing it, and if there is any way or need to disable if not using.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 0

Related Articles