Speed at ethernet port much slower than what is shown on utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-22 19:37:41 - last edited 2021-04-22 19:42:09
Model: TL-PA7020 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_702002_160902_901

Hello, my internet packgae is 600Mbps.  I actually get about 630 at the Xfinity router (ethernet port). Our home is about 2 stories and about 2,400 sq ft (evenly split per floor). 

The first powerline adapter is plugged into a wall socket, and connected via ethernet directly to the router at one corner of the 1st floor.  The other powerline is in an upstairs bedroom at the opposite corner of the house.  The utility shows I am getting between 165-190Mbps on any given day.  I understnd to not expect the full 630Mbps because of noise, wiring, etc.

What I don't understand is why I only get bout 50Mbps when I connect a device to the ethernet port of the 2nd powerline adapter.  I expected the 165-190Mbps.  

Can anyone help me understand why I am only getting 50Mbps, and if there is anything I can do to improve performance? My firmware is current.

NOTE:  If I move the 2nd powerline to an a/c wall outlet that is about 7 ft from the 1st powerline, I do get better performance....but this does me no good becuse the point of course is to extend the network farther away.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 0