Votes

Mesh Network Using Two OneMesh routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-25 15:16:21 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:05:48
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi, 

The problem:

Two mesh routers (specifiacly TP-LINK ARCHER C6) can't form onemesh network using Ethernet.

The only way these could form a unified network is using router\AP pattern which is not compatible with tplink onemesh range extenders. 

Thank you in regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mesh Network Using Two OneMesh routers-Solution
2022-08-23 12:05:39 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:05:48

Hello @django and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Mesh Network Using Two OneMesh routers
2021-04-30 17:26:11

@django 

Thank you for your feedback, we can forward your request for consideration. 

Options
2021-08-22 12:52:12

@django Hi - please implement this feature. I have 3 tplink routers (2 x C80 and one C6) and I definitely would like to mesh them up. 

Also, is there a way to extend range with them, using WIFI connection (instead of wired ?

Options
2021-08-23 10:34:26

@blueNan 

If you want to bridge the connection via wireless between the routers, please check this guide to activate the WDS bridging on the second or third router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Note: Regarding the WDS feature on the Archer C80, ensure you are running the latest 1.5.7 version, then you should find the WDS feature under Advanced > Wireless > WDS.

Options
Re:Mesh Network Using Two OneMesh routers-Solution
2022-08-23 12:05:39 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:05:48

Hello @django and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-31 13:33:06

@Kevin_Z do you know when this will be deployed and if there are plans for it on the AX4400 router?

I have a pair of these and am hoping to set them up as a mesh network (no ability to physically connect them via ethernet). Looking on the page here https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/ I do not see the AX4400 listed, interesting that the AX5400 is listed then the AX3000, but not the AX4400 which would appear to slot between those 2 routers.

I am hopeful the AX4400 will be included, it sure would be nice to get the pair of these onto a single network. 

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 1775

Replies: 5

Voters 11

+ 7 Voters