Archer AX1500 to wifi cable modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 16:12:58
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Folks

I just purchased an AX1500 to add to my home wifi. I was having many drops with my xfinity cable modem wifi router. I hooked up my AX1500 to the existing cable modem using the WAN port on the AX1500 and turned off the wifi feature  from the cable modem. Are there any settings on the AX1500 i should change besides the default settings? Should it be in (Wireless router mode) or (access Point Mode)?

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 to wifi cable modem.
2021-04-26 18:46:09

@PugNugget 

Router mode is what you need, that is to replace the Xfinity Wifi. You'll also need to have Xfinity to BRIDGE the Modem/Router. What that means is TURN-OFF the Wifi function of the combo modem/router. Otherwise you'd have competing wifi signals and have problems like interference. You can't re-use the SAME SSID's as the Xfinity had either unless they bridge the modem (only sends the WAN cable to the router, no Wifi).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 746

Replies: 1