Limited download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Limited download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Limited download speed
Limited download speed
2021-04-26 23:41:24 - last edited 2021-04-26 23:55:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Having strange issue with download speed, only download speed. I suspect something to do with the wireless?

I have 2 pack M5 router at home, say "Router A" and "Router B", they are connected using cable backhaul, and internet service with 80Mbps down / 90Mbps up.

• When "Router A" as a main router in first floor and my iPhone or MacBook connected to it (5Ghz), I only get 40Mbps down, but upload speed maxed out to 90Mbps. If I connected to "Router B" in second floor (5Ghz) I can get full speed both download/upload.
  • When "Router B" as a main router in first floor, devices in first floor can get full speed. While devices on the second floor which connected to "Router A" can only get 40Mbps down / 90Mbps up.

The issue started only a few days ago. I have reset both router, and yesterday also upgraded to latest firmware, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---EDIT

I tried disable 5Ghz, when connected to "Router A" via 2.4Ghz I can get full 80Mbps download speed, but only get 40Mbps upload speed. Confused..

Options
4 Reply
Re:Limited download speed
2021-04-27 22:20:24

@NanoG6 

I would first verify in the app to make sure you are connected to the node you intend to connect to. If your device happens to be connected to the furthest node, disable and enable your Wi-Fi which should get the device connected to the closest node.

If you have not tried yet, disable UPnP in the Deco app as that has affected speed in some cases.

Options
2021-04-28 01:40:18

Hi @Tony 

Yeah sure I have checked and know exactly where my devices connected to, that's why I can narrow the issue down to "Router A". 
Regarding UPnP, yes it's enabled right now. Will try disable it when I get home. Thank you!

Options
2021-04-28 23:15:26
Have tried disable UPnP, but problem still exist
Options
2021-05-01 15:09:08

Nevermind, sold the broken one and buy new M5. Problem solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 4

Related Articles