mesh setup for Omada AC1350 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-27 01:34:02 - last edited 2021-04-27 01:37:41

I have a pretty broad question.  I have Omada AC1350 setup as a source of Wi-Fi for a part of my house. Originally bought to replace a plain network extended.  It works OK, but now I have two different WI-FI networks (main Linksys router and the Omada), and still have areas with poor network connection.  Looking at my options and specifically at mesh solutions.  I know that Omada has mesh capabilities, so one option is to add an Omada compatible mesh device or two.  Having faced configuration of the original Omada, I found it too "techie" for not an IT professional.  So I'm hesitant to mess up proper configuration for that additional Omada device. Or, I can go for a simplistic and highly rated mesh (inclusive TP-Link. like Deco series), which seems to be able to replace both Linksys and Omada, but at a cost, plus possible some lost functionality of my main router.

Any recommendations, inclusive specific models would be highly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:mesh setup for Omada AC1350 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point
2021-05-05 22:43:26

@romanigo 

If I was looking at that network, I'd probably go with the Deco M9. I like the tri-band units in that it gives improved speed since a 5G channel goes between the Deco units. If you have a bigger budget you could look at the Deco X68 or Deco X90. You can have up to 10 Deco units on your network so your coverage can get pretty big.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 1

Related Articles