Deco With Archer MR600 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 08:30:26

I've got an MR600 4G router to Three network which I'm very happy with. To get best 4G signal I end up with WiF blackspots in the house so plan to us a Deco M4 based Mesh. Does one M4 need to be connected to the MR600 all the time as its a Mesh router?  Also, can the mesh and router share the same network name and password or is it better to just set up a new completely M4 based network?

Thanks for any advice as I'm new to this and want an easy/uncomplicated set-up option.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco With Archer MR600 Router
2021-04-30 21:54:34

@DB860 

One Deco unit will need to be wired to the router. You can have the network and password be the same as your existing router, but it would be recommended to disable the Wi-Fi on your MR600 to allow the Deco Wi-Fi to provide the mesh network. 

Options
Re:Deco With Archer MR600 Router
2021-05-01 07:22:51

@Tony thanks for the response. Ended up setting up a new network name so I could keep the functionality of all the Deco app features. I believe setting it up in AP mode on the Router network would have meant my devices didn't need to be relinked to the network but all control would then need to be through the Tether app. 

Options