Deco X60 - all LAN stopped working after adding another satellite deco + firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 - all LAN stopped working after adding another satellite deco + firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 06:40:56 - last edited 2021-05-01 06:42:16
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54042

I have three V1 X60s connected via ethernet that were working perfectly fine. I recently bought an extra set of X60s V2 to extend my coverage. Ever since I added the new X60, the ethernet connection to my other decos are no longer reliable and keeps dropping making internet around the house extremely slow as they are all only connected via wifi now.

Here is my setup:

ISP Modem in Bridge mode -> Main Deco X60 in Router mode (V1, Firmware Version 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel 54042) -> Unmanaged Switch -> Two Satellite Deco X60 V1, One Satellite Deco X60 (V2, Firmware Version 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel 50164)

I thought perhaps the V1 and V2 were not playing nice with the different firmware versions so unplugged the ethernet from the V2 X60 and left that only connected via wireless. I was able to get the other V1 X60 connected via ethernet for one day and it has stopped working again.

Other than adding one new V2 X60 deco to my network and updating the firmware on it I have made no other changes and my ISP is working fine (the wifi connections work).

Questions:

1. Are there known issues with having V1 and V2 on the same network?

2. Are there known issues with different versions of firmware on the same network?

3. Is there a limit to how many Deco X60 I can have connected via ethernet on the same network?

The Deco X60 system has worked well for me up until two days ago and I'd like to get it back to its previous reliable state. Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 - all LAN stopped working after adding another satellite deco + firmware update
2021-05-03 22:52:08

@lantroubles 

For the Deco X60 v1, please update to this firmware: link

For the Deco X60 v2, please update to this firmware: link

Continue to leave the v1 as the main Deco, and see if the issue still persists.

Options
Re:Deco X60 - all LAN stopped working after adding another satellite deco + firmware update
2021-05-22 02:36:16 - last edited 2021-05-22 03:03:52

@Tony I could only update the firmware for the V1 X60. When I tried to upload the file for the V2 X60 it says " Upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of firmware to upgrade. "

After my system rebooted, I tried reconnecting my switch to the deco and connected devices to the switch one by one. It all works fine for two minutes. After two minutes, I will lose ethernet access from the switch.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 2

Related Articles