Deco X68 - Changing channels ability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 06:34:36

I am interesting in purchasing a Deco X68 dual-unit, tri-band  router mesh network. 

I read all of the documentation I could find, but I could not determine how to change 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels.  My neighborhood has a fair amount of wifi routers.  I always like to find the least congested channels (frequencies).  Seems most of the neighborhood is on channel 1 or channel 6.  Currently channel 9 is my favorite on 2.4Ghz.  I currently use channel 112 on 5Ghz.  

In the current times with my present router, I use a browser to access the setup.  Is that still possible with these new, mesh routers?  This could be my first mesh purchase.

Thanks for any info.

Summest.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X68 - Changing channels ability
2021-05-07 01:44:01
The Deco Mesh WiFi automatically chooses the least congested channels. You can not control that decision.
Options
2021-05-07 04:29:58

@DAServicesLLC Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not sure if that kills the deal for me or not.  Never found a device to find the best channel for me.

So I guess you are saying that there is no web interface?

Options
2021-05-07 05:02:51
Nope, not what I am saying. The web interface is just not what you are thinking. This is a MESH router not a full fledged standalone router, with hundreds of tweakable settings. "your primary Deco IP address Here"/webpages/index.html
Options
2021-05-07 05:41:15

Thanks for the follow-up.  

Sorry for the incorrect assumption.

The "not a full fledged standalone router" remark caught me by surprise.  Before I make another bad assumption, is MESH inferior to a standalone router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1589

Replies: 4

Related Articles