TL-WR841N middle light is blinking orange and no Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-11 09:15:25 - last edited 2021-05-12 14:11:15
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0283.0 Build 200921 Rel.74350n

Hi. I have a problem with my router. Sometimes it might work fine for a few days, but sometimes it can lose connection a number of times in a single day. The problem is that middle light starts blinking with orange color and Internet connection is lost for a minute or two until router resets itself or whatever it is doing and then everything is fine and all lights are green. I've called my Internet provider and it seems that everything is fine on their side.

The list of things, that I remember to try to fix this problem:

- restore factory settings

- reboot router by unplugging it from a socket

- reboot router from it's web interface

- reboot router by holding a reset button on it

- update software version

- set traffic control

- manually set channel and channel width of the router

I have Dynamic IP 100mb/s full duplex connection.

I have only 5 devices max. connected to the router at once and it doesn't seem to have any effect on when the router goes down.

Hope that someone can help me figure out this problem. If any further info is needed I will be glad to provide what I can.

Edit: My IP also becomes 0.0.0.0 when the Internet goes down.

Also, in router logs, there is one unusual entry around the time when the problem occurs: Unicasting a release of 217.115.108.17 to 217.115.108.1

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N middle light is blinking orange and no Internet
2021-05-14 21:27:01

@OIeh 

To me, it is sounding like it may be the modem is dropping the internet connection? If you happen to have another router you can connect that to see if the issue no longer happens which if it does not, then the router WAN may be faulty.

It seems there is a newer firmware available for your router in your region here: link

Here are the instructions to update it: link

If updating does not seem to resolve it the router may have a problem.

I would recommend reaching out to our support team at that point here: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2301

Replies: 1

Related Articles