Intermittent loss of connection to wireless router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-12 13:44:51
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I recently installed an AX3000 (AX50) and am experiencing intermittent loss of connection on multiple (not all) clients throughout the day.  Once a connection is lost, the client cannot reconnect to the network even if it sees the wireless router - just says "Can't connect to this network".  Not all clients drop at the same time, and there is no loss of internet connection with the cable modem (solid green indicator throughout).  Connection loss does not occur when the client is in use, only when it enters into sleep mode.  Phone devices seem to stay connected.  I have two laptops within 20 feet of the router, one will stay connected while in use, the other drops if it goes into sleep mode.  This happens on both the 2.4 and 5G networks.  A simple reboot of the router resolves the issue but kicks everyone else off.  Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Intermittent loss of connection to wireless router
2021-05-14 18:35:07 - last edited 2021-05-14 18:38:39

@Gabe_S 

I got one AX3000  yesterday (or AX50, who knows what is what) and have the same problem. I went straight to TP-LINK to upgrade my router but I installed, worked fine for a few minutes then started lost connection, internet off line, very very week signal, then comes back. My Kase  light bulbs, plugs and switches does not recognize it.

I'm just returning, I'm not waisting my time with this one. Re-installed my old one and everything is fine.

My great disapoint is that it also does work with AC1200 Mesh extender, ridiculous. Sure returning and reconsidering if I really need a new one.

Options
2021-05-15 07:28:36

@ADRStudio same story.  TP-Link got tired of trying to resolve the issue and is sending a new one (after I pay to ship this one back).  I put the old router back and everything works fine.  Now I'm regretting trying to upgrade in the first place.  I'll probably return the defective product and just get my money back.

Options
2021-05-15 19:13:54 - last edited 2021-05-15 19:17:01

@Gabe_S  I just drop back mine, returned.

I tried again yesterday and the same think. Not sure if I will try another one, or another brand.

When I put back my old one and everything came back, I think I gonna keep this way, make the upgrade later, 4th ot July discounts or something.

The AX3000 does not work with mesh although it say on the AX3000 website page that is does, when you click on more more details for Mesh you can reach a page that does not show AX3000 as compatible. I think TP-LINK people are a little confused or are desperate to sell.

Another thing, I tried to chat with support yesterday early afternoon and no answer at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1058

Replies: 3

Related Articles