AX11000 Poor Upload Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 20:23:53
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this issue and finally came across the root cause of poor Internet upload speed on this device. The issue revolves around QoS, and since it cannot be disabled I am now stuck between having to return a $450 doorstop or hoping that a new firmware update will come out some day and allow to disable QoS so I can get the network speed I pay for.

To break it down, I have 400/400 internet (fiber). The AX11000 is connected directly to the ONT, my laptop is wired into the router, no other equipment is connected. I get consistent 500mbps down and 150mbps upload with Standard and Custom QoS mode. On any other mode I get .9 mbps down 80mbps upload. Yes, not even 1 megabit.

My old Archer A9 gets 500 down and 480 up when QoS is disabled, and similar speeds to the AX11000 when it's enabled.

When I use a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro I also get 500 down and 480 upload.

QoS is extremely broken on TP-Link products, but atleast the cheaper routers let you disable it. I hope that someone from TP-Link sees this and has a link to a beta firmware that has the ability to shut off QoS altogether, before I need to return this thing and go with a Netgear or Asus. For the same price I could go nuts with Ubiquti, but a server rack next to the TV isn't the aestetic I'm looking for.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX11000 Poor Upload Speed
2021-05-19 16:29:36

@UTMorpheus 

If you would like to disable the HomeCare feature, please reach out to our support team here: link

They should be able to assist in doing that to then test the performance comparison.

You could also try the following in the meantime:

-Set the application priority to standard (Advanced > HomeCare > QoS)
-Set the QoS speed manually to 1000 Mbps for up and down (In the same menu above)
-Disable any device priority (Game Center > Dashboard)
-Disable HomeCare features (Advanced > HomeCare > Antivirus)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1064

Replies: 1

Related Articles