Router Degrading Internet Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 20:36:12
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If I test my internet speed from the LAN line from my modem I get the full 400mbps download I should be getting. If I run through the router at all (LAN or wireless) I get 140mbps down. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router Degrading Internet Speeds
2021-05-14 02:21:28

Currently only getting about 30mbps download.... might just return this router...

Options
2021-05-14 12:24:04

@Cage 

Try disabling QoS entirely, and update on if it works. I'm trying the same troubleshooting myself on different TP-Link models(and can't afford to buy every model).

Go to Advanced > QoS > Global Settings.

Untick to disable. QoS.

Restart router.

Options
2021-05-14 14:54:48

@UTMorpheus I'll give it a shot but I'm pretty sure I was getting roughly the same speeds before turning QoS on.

Options
2021-05-15 23:06:10

@Cage 

I wish they had a pinned post about "my transfer speeds suck" -- I was about to return my router as well but it mysteriously fixed itself.

I think my router (A20) has a  weird interaction with the "Speed Test" function.   After I ran that it set my

QOS speeds to 300 up 30 down which was correct BUT my local uploads also started running at 30Mbps which is horrible

since my local backups used to run at about 600-700 from wifi to nas.

I *think* what fixed it was changing the QOS "total bandwidth" to 800/800 even though QOS was in theory disabled....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 4

Related Articles