Setup new Deco W2400 system for fiber internet connection with ethernet to ONT -

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup new Deco W2400 system for fiber internet connection with ethernet to ONT -

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 22:51:21
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Ziply Fiber, formerly Frontier FIOS, formerly Verizon FIOS.  I do not have a Ziply/Frontier/Verizon  router.  My current D-Link router connects to the FIOS ONT ethernet port.

I am trying to setup a new Deco 2400 system to replace my existing router.   I follow the following steps in the Deco app to setup the first Deco unit:

1) Power off and disconnect existing router

2) Connect the Deco ethernet port to the ONT ethernet cable

3) Power on the Deco unit

The Deco app says the LED should pulse blue.   It never does.  It goes from yellow to pulsing red.   The Deco app says that pulsing red  means the Deco is disconnected from the mail Deco.  That doesn't make sense - I am trying to setup the main Deco.   I also tried releasing the IP address from my current router admin screen before step 1 and I get the same result.

Anyone have any idea why I don't get the pulsing blue?   Or anything different I should try?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 872

Replies: 0