Connecting a device that is set up only for wired connections.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-18 17:01:30
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning!

I have a client that has a no name inverter for his solar array and the orignal installer never connected it to the internet.
The manufacturer states they have never had a request for wireless connections for their products nor can they tell me if by wiring the inverter directly to a mesh component if it will communicate.
I am not sure if they realize the '90's ended over 2 decades ago but there you have it.

I need to know if I can get the inverter ( Steca brand ) to a mesh device and have it think all is good in the 'hood so this client can get what they paid for as far as online monitoring goes.

It is too late for them to run a direct connection to the inverter from their modem as they have done a MASSIVE remodel and home expansion with two apartments between their modem and the house and the inverter.

I will also look at installing mesh throughout their house, apartments, garage, etc.
Is the Deco P9 a good product for these applications or should I be looking at another resolution.

Thank you in advance for any practical real world input.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting a device that is set up only for wired connections.
2021-05-24 22:36:11

@solluzmexico 

The Deco series is good for a single home but in your case since you are dealing with apartments, great distances. I would look at a business solution. For example, you can install a number of EAP225 devices to give a mesh network around the establishment: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2949/

Here is our business support team contact to assist you further (select "Business Product Support"): link

Options
Re:Connecting a device that is set up only for wired connections.
2021-05-27 17:44:23

@Tony 

Thank you,

For now the client has just decided he does not want to spend the money.

I was hoping to nail this all down on his dime but maybe soon!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Related Articles