Possible IP address conflicts with FIOS set top boxes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 20:58:14
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V 2.7.4

I recently installed a TP-Link s4 mesh and it is largely working fine.  I have a FIOS G1100 router that the Deco unit connected to.  I turned off the FIOS wifi so I could seemlessly connect with all of my wireless devices.  That worked fine although I noted that it oly worked when I connected the S4 to the FIOS WAN port.  I have noted some problems with my FIOS TV set top boxes that I thought predated the Deco setup but I am unsure.

The Deco gateway is 192.168.1.1  So is the FIOS gateway if I connect directly to it on a LAN Port.  The FIOS router shows four devices connected to it on IP Addresses 192.168.1.101-104 via COAX.  It also shows the Linux laptop I connected to the FIOS LAN port on 192.168.1.240.  I can't see the S4 at all - maybe becuae it is connected on the WAN port?

At any rate.  Is it possible/likely that the S4 might assign ip addresses in the same range that the FIOS router is handing out to it's devices?  If so, is there some way I can specifiy a higher range (or lower) for the s4 to hand out?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Possible IP address conflicts with FIOS set top boxes
2021-05-21 21:47:10 - last edited 2021-05-21 21:59:49

I just looked at the S4 and see that it's WAN address is 100.15.70..xxx so it is not getting a dynamic addrss from the FIO router.  It must be picking it up directly from the WAN.  Still it's LAN addresses are in the 198. range.  Optionally, is there a simple way to get the S4 to hand out addresses in a different private IP range, eg 169...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 1