AC1900 Archer A9 with unmanaged switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 17:52:41 - last edited 2021-12-06 10:39:52
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm replacing my 7-year old Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router with a newly purchased Archer A9. Cable modem is an Arris SB8200. The R7000 has started to drop wired connections 1-2 times a day, so it's time for a replacement. The router is wired to a desktop computer and a wired unmanaged inexpensive Monoprice switch (for my audio/video Roku/ Panasonic plasma not-smart TV) approx 15 feet away. Everything has worked fine for many years, and has only just lately started to be a problem. Rebooitng the Roku is ineffective, but rebooting the router always fixes the problem. New Cat6 cables were ineffective. I know, the R7000 has acquired a suspect reputation since it was purchased.

I've seen a few posts here that report there is a problem connecting to an unmanaged switch from this router. I've also read here that the IP addresses of items on the switch do not display in the software and may not always be assigned by DHCP. Unfortunately shipment of the new router has been delayed, so I'm aksing for advice in advance. Just curious whether anyone has had similar issues lately (not fixed by a firmware update), and how they might be resolved. Thanks very much for any infprmation you may be able to provide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 0

Related Articles