Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Point Mode
Access Point Mode
2021-05-25 15:44:58 - last edited 2021-05-25 15:55:26
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I currently use the Archer AX 1800 as my router but I would like to hardwire to another AX1800 and use it as an Access Point.  If I set the second unit is setup in Access Mode, will it just provide just WiFi or can I also use the LAN ports for additional hardware connections? 

The manual states: "In this mode, the router changes an existing wired (Ethernet) network into a wireless one".  I interpret this to mean the ports will not be useable. 

If this is true, should I just get a unsupervised/supervised multiple port switch for the wired connections and purchase a separate WiFi range extender?

The reason for this is that the second location is in a detached garage about 65 feet away from my house.  But I want a hardwire connect for another PC and wireless at the same time for phones/tablets.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 0

Related Articles